Saturday, September 16, 2006

Birthday Blessings!!!

Unbelievably, as of the 14th, I am now 25 years old. Wow...it actually feels different. As the last few years have been a blur, I understand the amount of wow that friends have tried to explain in previous years. As silly as it seems even my approach to the day was more bold and vocal.

As life is just beginning, I have reflected on the "growing up" factor the last few years...still in amazement that we are just not 17 anymore. I decided to blog these thoughts because the day brought a multiple amount of spiritual blessings and I want to remember the Gifts God layed before me.

Authority. A bold word...not just by font adjustments either :)
We are given the authority through Christ to affect not only our day but the day of the lives around us. How much do we embrace that authority? I, myself wish I was much more devoted to the pulling down of strongholds and the calling upon Gods grace, however I find myself frustrated with my flesh.
This authority isn't because we deserve it. It's gifted to aid us in the walk that is laid before us, like tools for a journey mapped out by the Father.
Will I exercise this authority in obedience by claiming healing, life and grace for Gods people?

Rebellion.
No matter how much I submit, God continues to peel another layer of definace from my flesh. A year ago, I didn't feel defiant or rebellious. I saw my struggles and "lack of discipline" as a short coming or thorn in my flesh. Yet as I prayed for truth and light, and I began to confront my commitment to dicipline, the more evident truth came out. I have been rebellious. I have been rebellious to change from a long time comfort, companion, dare I say friend? Justification.

I hear repeatedly that if you aren't changing, then you don't want it bad enough. When will that time come? When will I want it bad enough? When do I win? I am claiming that all my weaknesses will be my strengths in Jesus name!!!

Truth.
OH BOY does it hurt! But I will not shy away from it! I will continue to pray that truth be made known to my heart and that I will embrace its blade that cuts away at my flesh, even if in tears, Lord make me strong in your discipline. For God says He disciplines those the loves!!!

I will leave it there fore now...I actually wanted to write a specific word that God showed me, but in my procrastination I waited a couple days and now cannot remember. I pray this is a lesson to remind me to write when God speaks. I hope to add to this, it was a pretty awesome word.

No comments: