Thursday, September 28, 2006

a movie moment...

After months of searching for a location for a special event that my company is hosting...the few options I had were less than desirable. The locations might have been nice, but the expense was more than a non-profit can afford. After months of doors closing, but having high hopes... I settled into a chair to encourage a resident about their struggles.

Having just shared the "updated' situation with my boss, he walks in and hands me an envelope, he adds "try this..."

Pulling a brightly colored, holiday themed letter out of an envelope, the first line read..."Need a location for your Special Event?" I suddenly felt like Jimmy Stewart and wanted to look over my shoulder! Yes, Yes...I do!!! I just started grinning as I read the rest of the page. I showed the paper to the woman sitting across from me, which gave such a grand opportunity to prove how much God IS involved in our lives.

After my meeting, I called the number on the page and after a few attempts I received a message, in return, left one. Today... I received a surprise visit. The very person, who sent me the letter, not only received my message but decided to visit me!!! After an honest conversation about my situation, and sharing that her letter was like a light from heaven, we made arrangements to see the building tomorrow!!!

GOD IS GOOD! Later I got to share this amazing story with a friend and tell them about Gideon. Just earlier today before my special visit, I knew... if God didn’t show up...It was not within my ability to make this happen! And God showed up! Although there are still obstacles to overcome, He has given me more hope and faith to press in and know that He is watching.
I want to remain unable, so that all my blessings are to HIS Glory! Like my pastors say... Dream Big...Bigger than you can accomplish by yourself!

No comments: