Friday, September 08, 2006

Family...claimed by a name!

Gods timing is incredible! People and things that we dont think about on a regular basis, can suddenly pop into our heads one day.

Yesterday, I was reminded of a forgotten and broken person. Someone who was actually in my family! Eighteen years ago my second cousin accidentally took a life. He himself, was only 15 years old. All this time later, bearly remembering what his face looked like, but remembering the drama as a child... I began to think about his life. In a search for his wereabouts, I discovered that one day, reshaped his entire life. Today, he is still paying the price.

Thinking on the family that forgot about him, including myself, I was broken hearted. My very own family, a loved one, feeling forgotten. Then God began to unveil more...he isnt even my blood. He is adopted, once greatly loved and cherished, then brushed aside. The very fact that he bears the same last name, he might as well be my brother. Weither by name or blood, I can claim the restoration of his life according the the blood covenant through Jesus Christ. Just as Jesus has claimed ourbroken lives through His sacrifice.

How incredible and beautiful is the love of Christ. That we bare the same last name as the Father. Claimed and cared for because we are family. That miles, nor years could ever seperate us from being on His mind at all times. That He wants so much for us to be released from years of bondage, brokeness and heartache. We are not forgotten!

How timely a word for our current series at church. And when this cousin is quite sure that a world has moved on without him over 18 years...that a family has forsaken him...God has not forgotten him.

No comments: